Sadie has been having a wonderful fall.
Lots of walks and play time.
We just spent the afternoon with her brother, Marco. They had so much fun together! I am so bummed I forgot my camera. Boo Mom!
Sadie has discovered the fun of ‘people watching’ out the front window. I moved an ottoman under the window sill to give her a comfortable view. Yeah, Mom?!! 🙂
Sadie has a fun trip to Michigan next week and then we start another dog training class when we return home. I signed us up for a 6 week class to fix all those pesky behaviors, like jumping. It’s really Mom training, not dog training.
I am really excited about the trainers we will be working with, they specialize in training for certification as therapy dogs in hospitals. I hope they can help me shape her behaviors so she will be eligible to be a therapy dog once she is old enough.
We are also on a waiting list for an agility training class. Yeah, waiting list! Boo!
I hope to get back into regular postings, now that our summer travels are winding down. Plus, we have lots of new activities to report on! 😉
Poochie Bells is participating in a give-away to help increase the awareness of Great Dane Therapy Dogs.
This prize package is worth over $45!
You will receive the following items:
- One “All-American” themed Leash
- One “All-American” themed Poochie-Bells
- One “All-American” themed Furbitz
PERFECT TIMING FOR THE 4th of JULY HOLIDAY!
Fabulous Friday Give-away! Click on the link below for up to 10 chances to win!
As you can see, Sadie has the All-American collar. Winning this package would round out her accessories! Plus, we need a second Poochie Bells for the lake house! You know we love our Poochie Bells! 🙂
In addition to loving Poochie Bells and free stuff ( ha!), the cause really caught my eye. Training therapy dogs. This organization is training dogs to work in the community to help
- in providing emotional support and relaxation to a minor or disabled individual during court mandated situations
- reading companions to improve literacy skills
- a Therapy Dane can make appearances at Deployment Departures, Tour of Duty Homecomings, and other military programs as requested for Veterans, Active Duty, and Retired Military men and women.
- assist in physical, occupational, and speech therapy sessions assisting professionals to continue progressing with a patient’s goals to recovery and/or continued wellness
If you are interested in making a donation towards this great cause, you can find more information here:
I would really like to train Sadie to be a therapy dog. She loves people and people love her! We have great interactions with strangers on our daily walks. And, I really enjoy watching Sadie brighten up people’s days.
This cause has motivated me to find an organization near us to get certified!
I know I can make you smile!